Conor McGregor fan who was
Ahmed Abdirzak, 22, had started legal action against McGregor last month after the incident in Miami.
McGregor was arrested and charged with strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief after he allegedly snatched the phone out of Abdirzak’s hand before stamping on it on March 11.
But now, according to TMZ, Abdirzak filed new documents to pull the claim of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress, – having demanded around $15,000.
McGregor is still facing criminal charges from the incident, from which McGregor is facing six years in prison.
“He did assault me,” Abdirzak told the Mirror at the time of the incident.
“He gave me his hand for me to shake, I have that on camera, I’ve got my phone out, I’m recording me shaking Conor McGregor ’s hand.
“He pulls me in with his hand and with his right-hand slaps my hand with the phone. Like proper power. Full power. Slap my wrist. The phone falls to the floor.
“His security push me out.
“He starts stamping on my phone, picks my phone up off the floor, puts it in his pocket, does the McGregor walk, gets in his chauffeur car and says ‘F*** you’ and goes away.”
McGregor is currently under investigation by police in Ireland after he was allegedly involved in a bar brawl in Dublin on Saturday.
In a statement to the Irish Mirror, a Garda spokesperson said: “Gardaí are investigating an incident at a pub in Drimnagh, Dublin on April 6, 2019.
No arrests have been made. Investigations are ongoing.”
McGregor faces court in Miami this week for allegedly stamping on the phone of a Britisih fan, although he does not have to appear in person at that hearing.
McGregor recently completed community service for attacking a bus crammed with MMA fighters in Brooklyn, New York, last April.